Food is essential in one’s overall well-being so it’s recommendable to feed in nutritious meals, deciding on what is right meal to prepare for your family or friends can be a daunting task but with a Dutch cabbage, chicken and quinoa recipe you can never go wrong this is because not only is this meal family friendly but it is also gluten free. Going through it keenly you will notice that it contains the top 8 allergic free ingredients which are, wheat, dairy, soy, egg, tree nut, peanut, fish, corn and shellfish this means that all sorts of people can enjoy it.For the vegetarians this recipe is adjustable to suit them, all that is required is to remove the chicken, mix the cabbage shreds and apple side dish.
Here is how to make this delicious recipe into a mouthwatering dish.
- 2 tbs cooking oil
- 1 pounded medium onion
- 11/3 lb. bite-sized boneless chicken thighs without the skin.
- A finely shredded head red cabbage.
- 1 medium sliced apple with skin.
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar.
- 2tbs flour or starches preferably arrowroot or corn.
- 1tsp lemon juice plus milk substitute to make a cup.
- You could also use coconut milk because it forms a thick paste and doesn’t taste like it in savory dishes.
- 1tsp kosher or sea salt.
- A couple grinds black pepper.
- In a large saucepan of warm oil put under moderate heat add onions and stir fry them until they start to soften.
- Then put in the chicken pieces and go on stirring until the chicken is completely brown.
- Then put in the shredded cabbage and the pieces of apples stirring them until the cabbages soften.
- Empty in the fermented milk and vinegar together with pepper, salt and brown sugar, after some few minutes, sprinkle in some flour and starch mixing to ensure a good blend.
- Now cover your meal on medium-low heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Your meal is now ready, go ahead and serve with starch. The most delicious starch is quinoa it is has a combination of tastes yum which completes your entire meal. If you haven’t cooked with quinoa before, have a look at the post I wrote on [How To Cook Delicious Quinoa (Master TIPS & RECIPES)].