Quinoa salad is the best to serve just before bed. The colorful ingredients with healthy minerals and nutrition will give you different taste and makes you to eat more often. Quinoa is a complete source of protein and amino acids. Black beans is a perfect vegetarian protein source. You can have this as an alternate dinner. It will make your stomach fulfilled for the whole night.
It will take more than an hour, if you are going to use quinoa for the very first time. So, stirring often will tenderize the quinoa and keep it in freezer for cooling it. It is a creepy and effective salad for spring.
- Quinoa- 1/2 cup
- Orange Juice- 1/4 cup
- Water- 1 cup
- Rice Vinegar- 2 ts
- Fresh cilantro- 1/4 cup
- Diced Small Mango- 1
- Scallions- 2 sliced
- Black Beans- 2 cup canned
- Fresh Ginger- 1 Teaspoon
- Oil, salt, lettuce- as required
1. In a medium heat, toast quinoa in a tiny saucepan and stir often. Continue till it becomes aromatic and crackles. It will take around 4 to 6 minutes.
2. Then, transfer it to a sieve and rinse thoroughly. After, return it to the pot and and some water. Wait for it becomes simmer and reduce the heat to maintain the simmer. Close the lid and wait for 10-15 min till the water is absorbed and quinoa is softened.
3. With in this waiting time, take another bowl to whisk the below ingredients: orange juice, vinegar, oil, cilantro, ginger, salt and cayenne. Then, add mango, beans & scallions and bell pepper, and toss to coat it.
4. Finally, take out the tendered quinoa and add it to the mixture of mango and beans. Toss and combine them.
That is all. You can serve immediately or wait for sometime to get flavors meld. You can serve it to the maximum of 6 members and the total cooking time will not be more than 20 minutes.You will get good smell and taste. Serve at the bed time and enjoy the night time.