I love casseroles. Who doesn’t? This is a great casserole to prepare and cook for the whole family as a dish or one of the courses during this festive season. It is very easy to prepare and can be cooked with any leftover ingredients laying in the kitchen. Quinoa has several health benefits because it; is rich in protein, contains twice as much fiber as the other grains, contains iron, lysine, rich in magnesium, contains high riboflavin and manganese content.
This is a very delicious gluten free, casein free whole family-friendly dish! This is the recipe the doctor ordered. Rich in vital nutrients and deliciously sweet to prepare during this festive season.
Ingredients of recipe:
- 1 cup of quinoa that is rinsed thoroughly with a sieve in running water. This will make it not to taste bitter.
- 1 12 oz apple sausages
- 1 medium sized apple. Remove the core and slice it into slender pieces.
- 1 lb soft pork loin. Slice it into 1/2 – 1 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups of broth, stock or water.
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea or kosher salt.
Make sure you preheat the oven to 400 F
Procedure of recipe:
– Use a deep casserole pan or dish to cook.
– Put all different ingredients into a deep and sizable casserole pan or dish. Stir with a ladle well.
– Cover with a lid tightly, and allow to bake for 25 minutes.
– Stir the dish again and then cover it again and bake for another 20 minutes more.
This casserole can be eaten with slightly baked broccoli. Or with the following side dishes: Scalloped potatoes, corn pudding, mashed potato bakes, butternut squash gratin, or shrimp and grit dressing.
This quinoa casserole with its wealth of nutrients needs to be paired with a complimentary wine that adds to its taste and texture. A red or white sweet wine can be used to indulge any sweet tooth on the table.