If you want a great meal with whole-grain goodness then quinoa stuffed pepper is the best one you can try. This dish can also be frozen well for using it as a future meal. The recipe is easy and simple to prepare and can serve up to 8 persons. Here is the recipe for this meal.
- Take 1 medium onion and chop it finely (1 cup)
- 2 ribs celery which is finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 10-pound pack of frozen spinach, chopped, thawed and squeezed
- 2 cans of 15 pound diced tomatoes which are drained and liquid reserved
- 1 can of 15 pounds can of black beans (rinsed thoroughly and drained)
- 3/4 cup of quinoa
- 3 large grated carrots of 1 and 1/2 cups
- 1 and 1/2 cups pepper Jack cheese (grated)
- 4 red bell peppers (large in size) – cut into half lengthwise and remove the ribs
Now you have to heat oil in one saucepan in medium heat. Then add celery and onion and then cook it for 5 minutes. When it gets soft, add garlic and cumin. Saute it for 1 minute. Then take drained tomatoes and spinach and stir them properly. Then cook like this for 5 minutes. After this stir in the black beans, carrots, 2 cups of water along with quinoa. Cover this and keep it to boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer it for 20 minutes. Check whether quinoa is tender. Then pour 1 cup cheese and stir it. You have to season with pepper and salt if you want it.
Preheat the oven to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit and the pour entire liquid from tomatoes at the bottom of the baking dish. Then fill the bell pepper half with this and place it in a baking dish. Cover them with foil and then bake for 1 hour. Sprinkle cheese again on them and bake it for 15 minutes. Then serve this on plates. It is ready to eat.
See also: How to cook quinoa