Eggplant with Quinoa Quiche and Zucchini Recipe
Quinoa quiche with eggplant and zucchini is a beautiful dish. Quinoa is used to make a deliciously nutty crust and that crust is filled with a combination of eggs, milk, feta cheese, and spinach for even more nutrition value. To make things even better, the crust and filling are finished with sautéed eggplant and zucchini which provide both freshness and texture. Once baked you have an unforgettable quiche that will satisfy to no end.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup of water
- 1 beaten egg
- 4 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- 1 oz. crumbled feta
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Black pepper
- 1 cup sliced eggplant
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
Directions step by step
- Rinse and drain the quinoa.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add some salt and stir in the quinoa.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave covered to steam for a few minutes.
- Fluff, allow to cool and chill for several hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the chilled quinoa, egg and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Press into the bottom of a lightly greased 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool.
- Drizzle a little oil in a pan and sauté the onion and spinach for a few minutes.
- Transfer the onion and spinach to a bowl with the eggs, egg whites, milk, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour the filling into the crust and top with feta cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until set.
- Sauté the eggplant and zucchini with oil, salt, and pepper over medium heat for a few minutes or until tender.
- Remove quiche from the oven, top with the sauté, serve and eat.