Orange and Ginger Salmon with Cooked Quinoa
Orange and ginger salmon with quinoa is a dish full of bold flavor. You get the sweetness from the orange accompanied by pungent notes of garlic, spicy ginger, soy, sesame, and honey for sweetness. This is all on top of perfectly cooked salmon served with fluffy quinoa loaded with carrots and green onion. The final result is a vibrant plate of food with delightful aromas and equally delightful flavors.
- 4 6 oz. salmon fillets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup tri-colored quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup vegetable broth, reduced-sodium
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Sliced green onion
- Vegetable oil
- Black pepper
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season both sides of each salmon fillet with salt and black pepper.
- Place in a baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes or until it easily flakes with a fork.
- Bring the broth to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the quinoa, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and leave covered for 5 additional minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Add the garlic, orange juice, soy sauce, honey, ginger, and sesame oil to a small saucepan.
- Reduce over medium heat until thick.
- Sauté the carrot in a little oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the quinoa and sauté until warmed through.
- Toss in some green onion.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Plate the salmon and quinoa.
- Finish with the orange and ginger reduction sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and eat.
Learn more about cooking quinoa. Step by step instructions on how to prepare seeds.