Quinoa is often used in savory dishes or sweet breakfast recipes but did you know you can make desserts with it as well? It is an extremely versatile ingredient that can lend its nutrient value and taste to almost anything. If you have never taken quinoa in a sweet direction before or are just craving a dessert that you can feel good about, you must try no-bake chocolate dipped quinoa cookie. They are so easy to make and every bite is irresistibly decadent, rich and chocolate. As a plus, there’s peanut butter in them too!
Makes 10-15 cookies
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup finely chopped or grated dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
- 1/2 cup honey, agave or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup vegetable or coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the quinoa and reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes. It is done when all the liquid has absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and leave covered for a few minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and leave to cool.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the oil to a small saucepan with the honey and cocoa powder.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. This melts down the cocoa powder so it isn’t gritty.
- Stir in the peanut butter, add the vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- Mix in the quinoa.
- Scoop the mixture onto the baking sheet.
- Finish with a pinch of salt and pop in the freezer to set for an hour.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Stir every 30 seconds.
- Dip each cookie in the chocolate and return to the lined baking sheet.
- Freeze for 30 more minutes.
- Remove from the freezer when firm and eat. Leftovers should be stored in the fridge.