Tomato, Avocado and Quinoa Spring Rolls
Spring rolls are great but tomato, avocado, and quinoa spring rolls are better. Every bite is packed with fluffy quinoa accompanied by juicy bites of tomato and creamy avocado. The ingredients in the spring rolls are more than enough but a soy, garlic and ginger dipping sauce is served alongside the rolls for additional flavor.
Makes 8-10 spring rolls
- 8-10 rice paper wrappers
- 2 Haas avocados, diced
- 1-2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Black pepper
- Hot water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Bring the selected broth to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Pour in the quinoa.
- Reduce to a simmer and cover.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the seeds are tender.
- Remove from the heat and leave covered for 5 minutes.
- Spread onto a sheet pan to cool and fluff with a fork.
- Season the seeds with salt and black pepper.
- Once cooled, toss in the soy sauce and lime juice as well as the tomato and avocado.
- Pour hot water into a shallow dish.
- Working with one wrapper at a time, immerse rice wrapper into the water for 10 seconds or until pliable.
- Transfer to a damp surface and add a spoonful of the quinoa mixture to the bottom third of the rice paper.
- Fold over once, tuck in the edges (as you would a burrito) and roll until the seam is sealed.
- Repeat until all the spring rolls are made.
- Combine the sauce ingredients.
- Serve with the spring rolls.
We invite you to see other recipes on our website. With grain, quinoa we have over 100 recipes.