Nothing is better than a filling wrap. There are those afternoons when you just want something healthy, fresh and filling. Whether you’re a vegetarian or not, you will love this wrap. The combination of Roma tomatoes with bitter spinach accompanied by salty tang from the cheese and perfectly cooked quinoa creates a wrap that you won’t want to put down. With this recipe, it is crucial that you use quality ingredients. The Roma tomatoes must be deeply colored and firm, the spinach green and remember that good feta cheese comes from Greece and is made with sheep’s milk. As for the tortilla and quinoa, that part is easy. Just choose your favorite brand of tortilla and get the seeds cooked just right. After you’ve gathered your ingredients, follow the recipe below.
Makes 1 wrap
- 1 flour tortilla
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 oz. feta cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons quinoa, rinsed and drained
- The handful of fresh baby spinach
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Pour in the quinoa and season with some salt and black pepper.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until tender and all the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from the heat and leave covered for a few minutes.
- Cool, gently fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Lay the flour tortilla out on a cutting board.
- Top the tortilla with fresh spinach. You want to have spinach in every bite.
- Create a layer of quinoa over the spinach.
- Top the quinoa with an even layer of diced tomato and feta cheese.
- Roll once, tuck in the sides and continue rolling until you have a delicious wrap.
- Cut the wrap in half.
- Eat and enjoy.
If you want to read more about nutrition value, visit our additional resources: read more.