The strawberry, banana, and coconut quinoa bowl is one spectacular breakfast. Although the first of the day, breakfast is often a meal hard to get excited about but these bowls will change your mind. Aside from looking delicious, the taste is spot on. The quinoa is the base of the bowl. The protein-packed grain is infused with cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla and then that, which can certainly be eaten alone, is topped with sliced strawberries for that ideal balance of sweetness and tartness along with banana and toasted coconut flakes for additional texture and taste. As a plus, the bowls require very little time to make. The quinoa takes a little more than 15 minutes and can be made ahead of time if you wish.
- 2 cinnamon sticks or ground cinnamon to taste
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tablespoon brown or granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- a handful of toasted coconut flakes
- Sliced strawberries
- Sliced banana
- Pinch of salt
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil. If using coconut milk, you want to use the liquid, not the fatty coconut cream.
- Stir in the sugar until dissolved. Add the salt.
- Pour in the quinoa and place the cinnamon sticks in as well.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or so. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from the heat when all the liquid has absorbed.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Transfer the cooked quinoa to servings bowls.
- Top with sliced strawberries, bananas, and garnish with toasted coconut flakes. Use as much or as little as you like.
- Serve and eat. If you wish to up the sweetness level, add some honey, agave or real maple syrup.
Enjoy your meal! Check out our other recipes.