Quinoa can be used for breakfasts, lunches, and dinners but it can be used to make tasty snack dishes as well. Everyone can benefit from having a snack in the fridge that can be eaten whenever they please. One of those snacks is red quinoa with goat cheese and dried apricots. It with chewy dried apricots and creamy goat cheese is just so delectable. It has great mouthfeel and the flavors are so well balanced. The seeds act as a neutral base for the recipe, the apricots are there for sweetness and the goat cheese is nice and tangy.
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 cup dried apricots
- Walnut oil
- Goat cheese
- 1/2 cup walnut oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Rinse the quinoa seeds under cold water and thoroughly drain.
- Coat a pan with walnut oil and heat over medium.
- Add the seeds to the pan and toast until fragrant.
- Pour in the selected liquid and increase heat to medium-high.
- Reduce to a simmer as soon as the liquid is boiling.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until quinoa is tender and all the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and leave covered to steam for a few minutes.
- Spread quinoa onto a sheet pan so it will cool faster.
- Gently fluff with a fork.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Transfer the cooled quinoa to a bowl.
- Add as much or as little dressing as you like and toss to coat.
- Add the dried apricots and toss them again.
- Garnish with goat cheese and serve or pop in the refrigerator to enjoy at a later time.
Enjoy your meal!
We have many recipes, check out the most interesting ones.