Broccolini, Radish and Quinoa Salad with Feta
A perfect plate must not only taste great but it has to appeal to the eye. The most appealing dishes are colorful. They capture the eye and activate the taste buds and this salad does just that. The broccolini is slightly bitter, sweet and goes really well with seeds of quinoa. To make things better, you get spicy bites of radish, a delightfully fresh burst of lime and salty tang from the feta cheese which is all enhanced by flavor brightening parsley. The herb has a special way of balancing flavors and helps the tongue better distinguish all five tastes.
Ingredients of quinoa salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth, reduced-sodium
- 2 bunches broccolini
- 4-5 radishes, thinly sliced (use a mandolin if you have one)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 handfuls fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Rinse the quinoa under cold water and drain.
- Bring the chicken or vegetable broth to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Season with some salt and black pepper.
- Pour in the quinoa. Stir.
- Reduce to a simmer and cover.
- Cook the quinoa for 12-15 minutes or until tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the quinoa from the heat and set aside while covered for a few minutes.
- Uncover, fluff with a fork and spread on a sheet pan to cool.
- Rinse the broccolini and pat dry.
- Roughly chop.
- Whisk the lime juice in a small bowl with olive oil. Slowly pour in the olive oil as you whisk until you have an emulsion. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Transfer the cooled seeds to a salad bowl with the broccolini, radishes, and parsley.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Top with feta cheese and eat!