Brown Rice Smoky Chipotle Vegetarian Recipe
This is an amazing recipe that include brown rice that is really healthy for your body. It even has got sweet potatoes and black beans in abundance and can get huge flavor from the canned chipotles in the adobo. If there is no way you have tried that then you should be really amazing to find the way so much of amazing spice is added to the dish without much effort. It is really great to find this for tasting when it is combined using sweet potatoes. This is a very healthy dish and you would be really feeling good when you have it.
Specialty of the Dish
This is a dish which is healthy from all the aspects and you can have a huge bowl without any kind of guilt feeling. Each servings that you have comes with good amount of minerals, vitamins, fiber and protein in it. There is no need for you to feel bad about the amount of cheese and sour cream added to it as their amount is very less compared to the good amount of protein that you get from this dish. It is a very good and tasty dish which you can consider for your family.
Here comes the ingredients that you should have for making smoky chipotle vegetarian bowl for 4. It is not a very expensive food neither the ingredients are hard to find.
- Sweet potato of large size which should be cut to 3 to 4 cubes.
- Finely chopped yellow onion that is small in size.
- Finely chopped chipotle along with 2 tablespoons of adobo sauce.
- One tablespoon of olive oil.
- Rinsed and drained black beans of one can.
- Finely chopped cilantro in a handful volume.
- Cooked brown rice of one cup.
- Two Thinly sliced scallions.
- Salt & pepper.
- Diced avocado, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese for serving.
The ingredients that are used for serving can be packed in the plastic bag and kept for using at next time if they have become excess in the amount.
How to Prepare the Dish
· Over should be preheated to 425 degrees, a metal baking sheet using foil should be lined and need to spray liberally using cooking spray.
· Sauté onion, adobo sauce, chipotle, sweet potato along with pepper, salt and olive oil for tasting. You should then spread the whole thing evenly on the baking sheet and should need them to be roasted for about 25 minutes or till when the potatoes are turning brown.
· After the roasting of the potatoes for more than 20 minutes, black beans should be put in the smaller sauce pan in a heat that is medium low. You should then add cilantro of half volume for seasoning with pepper and salt. You should then heat the same until that turns warm.
· Fluff cooked brown rice and should add scallions and also other half of cilantro. You should then season using salt.
· Assemble by layering black beans, chipotle potatoes and rice in various serving bowls. The dish can be topped with sour cream, cheese, avocado and scallions.